A downloadable Ship for Windows, macOS, and Linux
A two-button, neon-infused, retro arcade experience about a space cadet that got abandoned by their crew members during an asteroid mining operation.
BOMBERS UPDATE NOW LIVE
The Bombers update is available for free download on Windows, macOS and Linux!
Bombers are the third enemy type in Space Cadet. These opponents are master trappers, releasing bombs that detonate within seconds. Dodge or shoot them - just be careful not to get caught in their explosion!
Z/C - Use current station.
X - Move to the next station. Long press to exit.
Stations: Fix | Turn | Shoot | Defend | Pull
What is Space Cadet?
Old-school neon-infused, two-button arcade experience:
- Master operating five separate stations in your ship: Helms, Weapons, Shields, Tractor Beam and Damage Control;
- Mine asteroids and avoid black holes;
- Fight against two enemy types in epic dogfights;
- Ever-increasing difficulty level.
What's coming next?
Depending on your support, expect some/all of the following:
- More content! Baddies, hazards, missions, and bosses!
- A story-based campaign!
- Multiplayer, player vs. player dogfights!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- IWOCon Booth!32 days ago
- 06/09/2020 - BANG!50 days ago
- 18/08/2020 - Who You Gonna Call?68 days ago
- 17/08/2020 - Slower Than Light69 days ago
- 14/08/2020 - Black Hole, Son72 days ago
- 11/08/2020 - School of Rock75 days ago
- 07/08/2020 - Power to the People79 days ago
- 03/08/2020 - Frozen Yogurt83 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This game is Real Good, its a shame that space cadet is a popular name. The best aspect of the game is easily the abilities and especially the break repair system, genius.
It really make you feel like Han Solo. 9.5 It's a little something for everyone
is a perfect game, but there is a bug, when the station to turn around breaks while turning it still spinning and spinning, until the station activates again and I turn
It's intended! I want it to feel like your helm broke so you lose control over the ship until it's fixed again.
Very challenging but getting the hang of it. Just one more go....
Really good game!!!
Design by subtraction is hard and you made it in a really elegant way, which also makes it accessible. I don't know how far you are but it already looks very solid for a final product, lacking, maybe, some in-game explanation of the story.
I'll follow you and will buy the game once it's finished!
Beat my high-score
creative use of two buttons. Tough at first, but once you get the hang of it it feels pretty smooth.
What engine you use?
Oh man this is great! Remind me of having to move between stations in Lover's In A Dangerous Spacetime. Simple concept, fantastic execution, 10/10 will recommend.